*images via feministchoice & galleryhip
Hellooo! It’s been a while. Just over a year in fact since I decided to launch this little corner of my Internet existence.
Turns out running three blogs is hard work, so I’ve be noticeably absent from Feminist In Training for the most part but I want to change that this year. One of my New Year’s Resolutions is to be more active on here and I’ll be starting with the mini goal of making sure I’m posting at least every fortnight.
Aside from that mini goal there are a couple of other things I want to try and do this year in the bid to be a better feminist.
I want to share more resources on feminism. Whether that be interesting articles, other cool bloggers/vloggers and reviews on feminist books/essay/videos that are capturing my attention.
I want to be more confident to write about really difficult feminist topics. I often hold my tongue on tough subjects because I’m afraid to offend, that I’ll come across in the wrong way or that I’m simply too scared to hit the post button. But silence can too often be seen as compliance and I don’t want to sit back anymore.
Feminist activism benefits all genders and sexualities, so in 2015 I want to become a better ally and understand issues that effect people who aren’t cis-gendered heterosexual women living in the western world.
Speaking of non-western ideas about feminism I want to write more about feminist topics from the perspective of a person of colour and about issues concern women of colour. It’s a topic that’s too often brushed aside and I want to try and delve into the issues more on here.
As serious a topic as feminism is, I want to have a bit more fun with this blog. Yes, I’ll be writing about serious issues but I also want to celebrate inspiring women in the world.
And finally, feminsm doesn't exist in a vacuum. There’s so much inequality in the world and considering intersectional feminism is something I definitely want to try to concentrate on this year.
So those are my pledges for 2015 and onwards! Let's start turning words into action :)
What will you be doing to become a better feminist in 2015?

No comments:
Post a Comment