Pages

Friday, 3 April 2015

Top 5 Friday | Best of Feminist Slam Poetry

Oh hello, what's this? A new regular feature here on Feminist in Training? Welcome to Top 5 Friday, where I'll be listing off the best and worst of anything and everything relating to feminism and gender equality!

top5-feminist-slam-poetry


This Friday I’m celebrating the start of National Poetry Month and counting down my top 5 slam poems!

Shrinking Women

Favourite line: 
“I hear her creep down to eat a plain yoghurt in the dark, a fugitive stealing calories to which she does not feel entitled."

To JK Rowling, from Cho Chang

Favourite line: 
“I am plastered across movies screens, a best selling caricature."

Spear

Favourite line: 
"You can't tell me that they don't know that her no is not a moan."

Khaleesi

Favourite line "We are women who capsize entire crowds with the sayings of the wind.”

What guys look for in girls

Favourite line: 
"But we all end up with our heads between our knees,
because the only place where we’ll really ever feel safe
is curled up inside skin we’ve been taught to hate."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus