Oh boy, this is terrifying....*deep breath* and here we go...
An introduction is probably a good place to start, right? *waves*
Hello dear reader and welcome to my little corner of the Internet. You've probably guessed what this blog is about already - if you haven't, I strongly suggest moving your eyes towards the top of the page before you read on...done? Ok. Good.
Now you've got an idea of what this blog is about then I should introduce myself. I'm Ria. I'm currently a University student - I graduate this year. I've been knocking about on the Interwebs for a while on different blogs etc.
I'm also a feminist...
...at least I consider myself to be one.
I'm starting this little blog for many reasons:
1. I like writing and sharing - most people would say I over share but what do they know? (for the record they're probably right...)
2. Feminism is a hot topic right now. It's always been hot topic for decades but I've personally noticed a pickup of pace equivalent to Ms Pankhurst and the Suffragette movement and I'm fascinated with what's happening and happy to ride the bandwagon.
3. It's 2014 and I feel like I need a fresh head on the topic. Every single opinion I had on feminism has been probed and poked with so many different opinions in the past few years that I'm not sure where I stand on dozens of different topics. So I'm starting on a clean slate.
4. I love discussion, developing ideas and learning. It makes me feel alive...ok that sounded weird but it's kinda true.
5. Linked with 4...I'm scared of talking about this when I shouldn't be. Starting this blog is 'crap your pants' kinda scary and I'm opening myself up to a world full of potentially hateful and hurtful comments...but I want to wade into the deep end and be braver about this.
6. Feminism gets a bad rep and I'm bored with it still being a dirty word. I'm not here to rectify that on my own but I want to help spread the word about the good it can do.
7. I'm hypocritical and don't have all the answers - perfect fodder for hate comments wahey! - but I'm learning and want to share my journey.
If you've reached this far. Congratulations! You've committed to this author/reader relationship with no hope of escape! Muahahah...ahem...
Anyway! So this is my starting point.
A new year and a new start on a centuries old debate.
No comments:
Post a Comment